Monday, May 3, 2010

Tornado warning


Dear world,
I had my first experience with tornado warnings this weekend. On Friday night, I was asleep with Mom & Dad in bed when I heard this loud sound outside. I remembered the TV weatherman talking about sirens to warn about tornadoes. I also remembered hearing Mom and Dad say the safest place for us to be was in her closet. So I got out of bed and walked toward Mom's closet. That's when Mom woke up and asked me what I was doing. I told her to listen, and she heard the sirens and woke up my Dad. Mom took pillows and laid down with me in her closet. Dad continued to watch the weather news from bed. Then the sirens stopped and we all went to sleep in bed. The rest of the weekend, the sirens came on and off but we didn't go to Mom's closet, we just watched the news. I am going to recommend that she doesn't buy any more shoes. Because if she does, we will not all be able to fit in her closet if a tornado really does come.
Love always,
Bear

10 comments:

  1. Oh dat must have been so scary. I's so happy you and your family are safe. I was so very worried bout all my friends in TN. Those were terrible storms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nos dem torpedos is scary fings, I glad U an fam is safe HUGS xxxx
    Tweetypie/gunner

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so worried. I'm glad nothing happened to you and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in KY. We get tornado watches and warnings a lot in the spring. We hab gotten used to dem, but dey still scary! I am glad nuffin happened to u! We haz lotz of hail ober da weekend and lotz n lotz of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noes! Momma says you can't messes wif a lady and her shoes but I hopes you would has somewheres to be safe my furriend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're ok and the tornado didn't come. They must be terrible scary. Just the wind here scares me sometimes.

    We live where we get tornado warnings, too. I haven't heard one yet, but Mom says if one comes we have to go to the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you can check the weather for the tornadoes. In California they have those earthquakes and they don't warn you about those in advance. Both are pretty scary though. Did you have any floods?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...tornado warning? sounds scary...
    BTW you're so smart ;o)
    *woof*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that must have been scary but you were very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That DOES sound scary! My cousins that live with Grammy's daughter just outside of Houston, have had some hurricane warnings, too.

    We just had an earthquake here in Central California today. It felt like someone had hit the house with a TRUCK! Made us all go crazy barking! Grammy and Papa were gone, but Robert, their son (Dott's Dad) was here and he got us calmed down! The Country Corgi Crew

    ReplyDelete