Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mission Commander Bear

Dear world,

Today is the anniversary of the day man first walked on the moon in 1969! In honor of that, Mom gave me an astronaut Bear. Of course it got me to thinking how cool it must be to be an astronaut. So I looked into what it would take to become one. Well, I am a U.S. Citizen and I think I would do OK on a physical exam (maybe I need to diet a little more.). I would need to go to college and study math or science. I like both those subjects. Three years of experience - or get a doctorate. I would do the latter. Then 1000 hours of flying-- how fun would that be! The only problem is that I don't meet the height requirements. You have to be at least 64" tall. Bummer.


Love always,


Bear

12 comments:

  1. I like your new toy my pal [Grins] and you look so cute in that photo. I think you'd make a great astronaut, shame they don't allow us dogs as I think we'd be good [wags tail].

    Love and Licks, Harley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will haz moar fun playing wiv noo astro-bear than going into space. We haz enuff space rite here anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wut a cute astronawt bear yoo haz Bear. Dat look lyke a fun toy. Maybe yoo shud suggest an astronawt program fur dogs. Maybe dey hazznt thot uv dat! Yoo cud be da beary first dogtronawt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd make the perfect astronaut, Bear! And you have the proof in paw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your people need you so keep those paws firmly on terra firma, dear Bear. I am liking your special toy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If that little bear can be an astronaut then so can you! They have sent dogs into space, even monkeys, so I am sure they will let you go too Bear. Tell me how it goes when you return, I'd go with you, but I kind of like gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is the cutest bear-astronaut ever and you look adorable with him in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have great aspirations...and the looks to go with it too! Woof!
    Sending lotsalicks
    TOBY IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think Pandafur and Minkiesmum have the right ideas! We heard about a dog named Laika who went into space a long time ago and it was a very sad story. Of course, the accommodations are much better now, but a lot of times it's more fun to get into a big box and just pretend!

    We love you Bear! And we love your Bear toy, too. Lots of loud purring from the RainbowCats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't give up on the height requirement, Bear!!! If you stand on your back legs, you just might make it!! @NellieSpringer

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you stand on your hind legs and hide Rosy in fluffs of your hair, you'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you're disappointed about the hieght requirment Bear. It's just as well. Your family would surly miss you while you were gone.

    ReplyDelete