Monday, September 13, 2010

Sitting Bear


Dear world,
Mom took this picture of me when I was playing Cowboys and Indians. I looked like an Indian that would be called Sitting Bear. So it got me to thinking. Is there or was there an Indian by that name? So Mom helped me google it and there he was Satank, translated as Sitting Bear! He was a prestigious warrior and medicine man in Oklahoma in the 1800's. It is a very interesting and sad story, too much for my blog. But anyone can google it. That was my (and your) history lesson for today.
Love always,
Bear

4 comments:

  1. And you are a very fine looking Sitting Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear the Historian... nice work googling that information.
    you are a nice representative of Sitting Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sitting Bear. You look absolute manly and at the same time humble with your head piece on! I liked the history information and will go and google my name to see what comes up. I am your newest follower! I am looking forward to more history info!

    Hugs & smoochies! XOXO
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always you steal the show, and now dressed as an Indian. You're soooo talented, is there anything you can't do?

    Sitting Bear, I hope you don't scalp schnauzers!

    ReplyDelete