Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No dog is an island

Dear world,
Last weekend while I was playing in the lake with some other dogs, Fuzz went off by himself. When I looked over I saw him laying down in what looked like an island. It got me to thinking of the English poet John Donne and I thought...

No dog is an island. No dog stands alone.
Fuzz your joy is joy to me, Fuzz your grief is my own.
We need one another, so I will defend.
Fuzz you are my brother, Fuzz you are my friend.

And I went over and sang that to him (just like Joan Baez) .
Love always,
Bear

4 comments:

  1. Aww Bear - what a great brother you are to compose dat song for Fuzz. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite poems!

    Now if that was Sage, she would have been covered with sand and water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just beautiful.
    I didn't you could write poems (or was that a spell?... is a joke from the movie "Shrek").
    Fuzz is lucky to have such a good brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh an Bear U has a wonderful voice, an dat wuz so nice of U 2 sing it 2 Fuzz !!!

    ReplyDelete